Case Study Breakouts (B)
Time: 4:00 pm - 12:00 am
Date: Day 1 Wednesday 13 February 2019
This series of hosted round table discussions (B1 – B10) will focus on how other corporate legal departments deal with the challenges you face. These interactive and informal discussions follow Chatham House rules – giving you the freedom to speak your mind. Small groups allow everyone to participate and each group feeds back, giving all attendees access to the knowledge pool. These brainstorming sessions will give insight into your peers’ challenges and provide solutions to your own. Each session indicates the size of the facilitator’s legal team so that you can choose the discussions most relevant to your business.
There will be two 35-minute sessions.
B1 Managing the BAU stack improvements vs the Innovation stream demands
Amir Mehdi, Director – Head of Legal & Head of Office Technology, Barclays
B2 Working with the IT department to enhance collaboration and to influence IT strategy
Simon Ferres, CIO Legal, Deutsche Bank
B3 Managing Data Subject Access Requests (DSARs) – can the process be made less painful?
Emmy Hackett, General Counsel, Chief Compliance Officer & Data Protection Officer, SHL
B4 Modern Document Management and its benefits
Jean Simpson, Legal IT Manager, Sky
B5 Alternatives to e-billing
Faye Moran, Head of Legal Operations, Marks & Spencer
B6 Applying document automation and assembly in corporate legal
Mo Zain Ajaz, Global Head of Legal Operational Excellence, National Grid
B7 What lawyers can learn from working with technology developers Lessons I’ve taken away from collaborating with engineers and coders on legal tech solutions
Ed Goold, Counsel and COO, Ohalo
B8 Working with a partner to implement matter management and e-billing
Susan Manik, Head of Supplier Performance, Legal,Standard Chartered
B10 Collaborating with panel firms to tracking workflow and legal spending
Emma Jelley, Senior Advisor, Fondia Oyj
- Jean Simpson Legal IT Manager - Sky UK Ltd.
- Mohammed Zain Ajaz Global Head of Legal Operational Excellence - National Grid
- Simon Ferres CIO Legal - Deutsche Bank
- Ed Goold Counsel and COO - Ohalo
- Emmy Hackett General Counsel, Chief Compliance Officer & Data Protection Officer - SHL
- Emma Jelley Senior Advisor - Fondia Oyj
- Susan Manik Head of Supplier Performance, Legal - Standard Chartered
- Amir Mehdi Director – Head of Legal & Head of Office Technology - Barclays
- Faye Moran Head of Legal Operations - Marks & Spencer